Texas Senators Nomination

jezzie and my son have received a nom from Sen. Hutchison there may be others but that is all I have seen confirmed on the board

texas senators

It is my understanding that Hutchison released 3-5 early nominations already and is waiting to release others. I have not heard anything about Cornyn...

Hang in there!

Proudmama

My son received a call from Senator Hutchison's office about three weeks ago with his nomination followed by a letter. No word from John Cornyn.

Patiently waiting this end too :)
would be nice to hear/receive a nom over thanksgiving holiday or before Christmas...how wonderful would that be....but we sit waiting patiently :)

My son has received a nomination from Sen. Hutchison as well. He got the call first week of November and got the nomination letter two weeks after.

I would like to thank the moderators, parents, cadets and applicants for all the wonderful posts in this forum. This is my first post although I have in numerous occasions read almost all of the posts for the USAFA. We have learned a lot of information here to possibly prepare my son (and parents as well) for life at USAFA. His application is almost done and hopefully, he will be in the class of 2014.

CONGRATULATIONS to yr Son :)
and all the other young men & women who have made the 2014 class so far :)

Patiently waiting (for daughter)...

Congratulations to all that have received LOA's, nominations, and finally appointments..!

Nominations from Texas

Last year, Senator Hutchison's staff stepped up to the plate and nominated DS for USMMA after our congressman's staff couldn't get their act together. Time was running out (last week of January) and all the congressman's staff could say was "it won't be a problem." They never got the point that the last week of January was way too close for comfort when someone's entire future was at stake. When the courteous, efficient staff in Sen. Hutchison's office found out that we were from west Texas, she commented that some of the congressmen out here are habitually late in the process and very difficult to communicate with. So, if you're out here on the west Texas plains, your wait may be a bit longer than most. Best of luck maintaining your sanity during the whole process.

my son received his nomination notification from Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison 3 weeks ago via a phone call, the "official letter" was received a week later.....congratulations to all who have come this far, your dreams are truly coming true......

Thanks to Senator Cornyn (and staff)..!

Daughter, LOA Nov. 4th, nomination notify Dec 1. TX/USAFA

Congratulations to all those in TX that have received nominations and appointments..!

Yeah i got a call from Cornyn's office today too! I was so happy! I did not expect to get one from a Senator! I had an interview with my representative schedueled for January 7th but i guess i won't be needing that anymore!
Now i just have to wait on the Academy! :biggrin:

Us too....thankyou Sen. Cornyn.
Nomination for our daughter Sammy - Dec 1st :)

Kory: I am kind of lurking here, as I am a regular on USNA. Unless you have an LOA conditional on receiving a nomination, you need to seek your reps nom as well. Gives the Academy more ways to get you an appointment!

John Cornyn Nomination

I actually recieved a call from J. Cornyn's office today, telling me of a nomination from him and an appointment to the Academy! I'll be there with your sons and daughters!

The only reason they knew I was appointed was because I originally got a Presidental nomination but Cornyn's office said that they are pushing their nomination for me through and the USAFA said that with that nomination, I was appointed!

I haven't recieved a call or letter or anything yet, but when I checked my USAFA application page yesterday it showed I had a nomination from Cornyn which I really wasn't expecting! :smile:

I got a call from Senator Cornyn's office on Dec. 3 saying that I received the nomination and an appointment to USAFA!

Thank you to everyone on here for your help! Congrats to everyone who has received one too! :)

too many questions...

anyone have a guess why Marmacost nomination information would be updated and my son's is not?

and those with nomination from Senator Cornyn who were told of an appointment in the same phone call, there are 2 on this board,....does that mean it was a ranked slate?

last one: He emailed the admissions counselor about a mistake in his class rank/size a week ago and we have heard nothing back. Our ALO is in the middle of a PCS move and we do not know when the new one will be assigned. Do we just wait out the system?

Back