Question

DevilDog

15-Year Member
My son received a call from an admissions officer at the AFA asking if he was finishing his application. As far as we know, my son has everything done. The checklist is complete. Has anyone had this happen too?

My daughter received the same call this week...asking how she was doing with her application. Her application was complete weeks ago and she received an LOA two weeks ago.

They must be working on a report of incomplete applications dated some time in October.

Did they happen to tell you what your application was missing? My son received email from admissions last week stating that his application was "incomplete" because it was missing "a nomination". (His app has been complete for several months, in fact he got the generic white postcard stating his application was complete a couple of months ago, and he's had an LoA since October.)

I got the same call yesterday. The caller identified himself as working for the Air Force Academy admissions office, then stated that I have my application complete and asked if I had any questions. I replied that I had already recieved and accepted an appointment. The caller then said "I wish they told us these things", congratulated me, and hung up. :yllol: I'm guessing they were are just given a list to call and don't actually have the candidate's page in front of them.

Not to be supportive when I don't have all the facts, but for each of you 'completes' there are between 10 to 50 'incompletes'. Admissions people have a fine tightrope to walk between staying in touch and restricting access to your records to those who absolutely need it. It makes more sense to call everyone. There could be a better system, sure, but this, in some form, happens every year at evey Academy.
Be happy you are complete. Read nothing negative in the contact.
Good Luck!

Be glad someone cares enough to follow up. I have never had one single contact with my admissions counselor. She does not even return messages we leave. Thankfully I have a great ALO!

Be glad someone cares enough to follow up. I have never had one single contact with my admissions counselor. She does not even return messages we leave. Thankfully I have a great ALO!

Hey I had the same problem. They are extremly busy the best bet is to keep calling if you HAVE to and I mean HAVE to talk to them, if not just keep up the contact with your ALO. Good luck! :thumb:

I got the same call yesterday. The caller identified himself as working for the Air Force Academy admissions office, then stated that I have my application complete and asked if I had any questions. I replied that I had already recieved and accepted an appointment. The caller then said "I wish they told us these things", congratulated me, and hung up. :yllol: I'm guessing they were are just given a list to call and don't actually have the candidate's page in front of them.

I received a similar call last week. He asked if I had any questions regarding the application process, and said that "with my test scores," I would "do awesome here." Obviously, they did have at least some information on the candidates they were calling.

I'm glad that they are putting forth the effort to contact us. Plus, it's always nice to see a call from the Air Force Academy, rather than all the ones for some random school. It's always fun answering the "how interested are you in X college?" with "I've never even heard of it, so not very...." :rolleyes:

Back