Congratulations and Kudos!

fencersmother

10-Year Member
Founding Member
I thought I would start this thread since so many of our favorite cadets are doing fantastic things and it would be nice to spread the kudos and congrats along and around.

Here's some news:

Peter French, Captain of the AFA fencing team won the Division I Men's Epee competition at the North American Cup on Saturday! Peter is a Firstie from TX. My own favorite fencer came in 31st - the second best AFA finish. This competition was limited to elite fencers from all over the world. Daniel Trapani, also a TX fencer, came in 39th in the same competition. Great finishes for all.

OK - your turn!

That's a huge accomplishment by Peter French - there were over 200 competitors in the tournament! And a 31st by your son is also a big-time result. Congratulations!

My son will be attending the USAFA next year (LOA and nomination already received) and joining the fencing team as a saber fencer. His best national result to date was 8th out of 190 competitors in at the 2008 Junior Olympics (cadet class). Hopefully he can live up to the high standards set by the epee fencers.

bundy! Congrats to your son & welcome! Please feel free to PM me should you have any questions/comments/complaints!

Yes, that Division I USFA tournament is really a big huge deal. All the AFA fencers did well, but Peter's result - SUPERB!

Just got back from Jr National swimming champs(18 and under) say several boys already appointed to AF swim very well. My son took second in the 100 fly 4th in 200 fly also placed in the 50 and 100 frees and swam on 5 scoring relays. His fly times would place him in the all time service academies top 10. Great recruits coming in kudos to the swim coaches at AF!

Wow TX! You've got quite the fish there! (Are you sure he shouldn't be looking at Navy or USMMA? or USCGA? :shake: ) Congratulations!

Here is some news: One of my favorite twins was chosen to go to Brazil for language immersion next summer! I think our Hornet went to Japan (right?). Anyway, my son is very excited about this. I am of a mixed mind, since:

1) I want to go along
2) I don't want him to miss being at home this summer (too bad Mom; those days are gone)

Back