Anyone from usafa double majoring?

jarvin

10-Year Member
5-Year Member
I was thinking about double majoring in computer engineering and electrical engineering at the academy. How difficult is this to pull off. I am really interested in computer engineering (I want to pursue an engineering career in the AF), but I'm also pretty interested in electrical engineering. I would think that they would have some similar classes, but im not entirely sure. Your opinions would be great. Thanks

I am not exactly sure about those majors in particular, your counselor should know. It all depends on how many of their classes overlap each other. It's probable that you could get the double major, just might have to take more classes than others. I am going FAS and political science double major since it only requires about 3 or 4 more classes, which is pretty easy. I would either find someone who is doing both of those, email your counselor, or look at the required classes for each and compare them on your own.

Would double majoring interfere with extracurricular activities you may do? (i.e. can't do as many or be as involved in them because of extra workload)...I also possibly want to double major and would like to know. Also, just as a side note, how many extracurriculars could you do at one time with a single major or double major (approx.)?-for those who have been in academy and participated in ECAs and know.

That is very dependant on your time management skills and how quickly you work (and maybe how much sleep you need to function).

For example, my roommate is an Aero major. He CONSTANTLY works, is very organized, and the only extra things he does are church on Sunday and Bible study on Monday.

Me, I'm a history major/German minor. Last year I did shooting team practice on M/W/F and most of Saturday, and I had some extra time.

Then, there are ICs who have practice every weekday and quite a bit on the weekends. Some do fine, others quit/go on academic probation.

Back