Nomination received

sarah

10-Year Member
5-Year Member
How common is it for applicants to find out about a nomination from the Academy application site? DS checked his status and it noted that nomination was received from our congresswoman--but no notification from her yet. I figured that they tell the academies before they generate letters.

We are jealous of the kid who got a call from Chambliss!

It all depends, DS ran the entire gambit, calls from MOC for one, call from ALO for one, on-line notifcation from the third. Do not read into it at all on how you received the notification. You should receive a letter at some point, and that is when you read into it...if it states they submit "principal", and your DS is not acknowledged as the "principal" than it still does not mean it is over. For example, the "principal" on that slate may have an LOA to another SA and sign with them, thus, turning down that principal, making the whole point moot.

One son found out when his ALO called him to "see if he'd (son) had heard the news?" That was on a Friday and son got letter in the mail on Monday. It was not up on the website for another ten days or so.

The other son found out via the website, then got the letter a week later.

My son didn't get notified of the nom by his congressman's office at all and just saw it on his online application on Monday. However, he was called today by his senator's office, AND emailed by his congressman's office telling him that he was getting his appointment in the mail next week! (He has an LOA). Guess the nomination was just the interim step in their opinion!

How common is it for applicants to find out about a nomination from the Academy application site? DS checked his status and it noted that nomination was received from our congresswoman--but no notification from her yet. I figured that they tell the academies before they generate letters.

We are jealous of the kid who got a call from Chambliss!

That was my son and it is still a thrill to think Sen Chambliss took the time to call - and he called three times till we finally answered! And it wasn't even a staffer saying "Hold Please for Sen Chambliss" :thumb:

I think both Georgia senators do it right. They are already advertising for future Academy days. Their staffs are on top of things. The nomination letters my son got from both senators were very timely (less than a week after his interviews) and in fact, Sen Isakson's Academy liaison officer even called us personally to let us know - before the letter had arrived. We feel very fortunate to live in Georgia.

Back