Advice on when to decline other Apt Offer

Discussion in 'Air Force Academy - USAFA' started by SALTY007, Jan 27, 2010.

  1. SALTY007

    SALTY007 Member

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2009
    Messages:
    123
    Likes Received:
    0
    My D was accepted to WP & AF. She has accepted the AF apt. The question is - when is the right time to decline the WP apt.
    Any advice - greatly appreciated....thanks.
     
  2. SeaMars

    SeaMars Member

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2010
    Messages:
    85
    Likes Received:
    0
    As soon as possible. She should have a Plan B, but if the bubblewrap doesn't work for AF, it won't work for WP either. Backup needs to be something else - state school.
     
  3. Pima

    Pima Parent

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2007
    Messages:
    12,809
    Likes Received:
    956
    I agree, if she knows that the AFA is her #1 choice, she should decline the WP spot ASAP. Remember there will be a cadet at WP whose life is basically in her hands, would you want her apptmt to the AFA held up because of a candidate at WP if roles were reversed?

    Whatever that could happen to her in the future to preclude her from attending the AFA will most likely be true for WP. There is a difference from hedging bets (1 apptmt and waiting for the second) and holding an apptmt for Just In Case.
     
  4. SALTY007

    SALTY007 Member

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2009
    Messages:
    123
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanks SEAMARS & PIMA.
    We will get to work on the WP decline. Appreciate your advice :thumb:
     

Share This Page