I am hoping to get some advice. My DS is very excited that he has received a 4 year AROTC scholarship to his 1st choice school, Purdue University. This is the only school that he was offered a scholarship. His 2nd choice school, Embry Riddle Prescott campus offered my DS a Presidential scholarship ($12,800 per year). Things are so up in the air right now because he is also a candidate for USNA and USMA. We are helping our DS through this entire experience and want to ensure we are taking everything into consideration. Would anyone know what the chances are of transferring the AROTC scholarship from an in-state university to a private college? Cost of tuition vary greatly, approx. 12,000 vs. 30,000 so the chances may be slim to none. If the chances are very slim that he could get a transfer, we will just leave as is. Also, it states in the AROTC letter that if you request a transfer you may not get a response until early May and you need to have your acceptance into the college by May 1st if you want to keep your merit scholarship. My DS is studying aeronautical/aerospace engineering so he would be thrilled at either school but it's a shame to lose that scholarship if there is a good possibility of a transfer. Also, Purdue is still in the process of sending merit scholarship letters out so there is still a possibility he may get one. So perhaps we wait a couple of weeks. Or if you are offered an AROTC scholarship, will that school still consider you for a merit scholarship or can that vary from school to school? So many questions and decisions. I'd appreciate anyones thoughts on this. Thank you!