AROTC School Transfers from the March Board

Discussion in 'ROTC' started by h2ocop, Apr 29, 2011.

  1. h2ocop

    h2ocop Member

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2010
    Messages:
    19
    Likes Received:
    0
    Anyone else waiting for word from Cadet Command on a school transfer from the March board? We have one pending since Monday (in-state public to better in-state public). No indication from them when we might have a decision, kind of puts us in risky situation with college acceptance deadline. Would love to hear if anyone is in the same boat or received any info on potential timing of decisions.
     
  2. paradoxer

    paradoxer Member

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2010
    Messages:
    503
    Likes Received:
    5
    No just a little

    Submitted request on Saturday via email had email with decision on Wednesday. This was between brigades.
     
  3. h2ocop

    h2ocop Member

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2010
    Messages:
    19
    Likes Received:
    0
    Wow, that was quick!

    Congratulations on your quick transfer, wonder why ours is taking longer. Its in-state to in-state, same cost, good reason (the school they offered doesn't have civil engineering). Go figure. Well, hopefully we will have word soon.
     
  4. Jcleppe

    Jcleppe Member

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2010
    Messages:
    5,541
    Likes Received:
    842
    I'm curious, did your DS/DD list Civil Engineering as their major on the original application. I remember that when my son listed CE on his application he had to only list schools that were listed as accredited Engineering schools. Did they change that this year or has he/she changed their major preference after the application was sent.
     
  5. jagabiti

    jagabiti Member

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2010
    Messages:
    239
    Likes Received:
    0
    WOW! Only a few days! DS has been waiting for over a month! It's probly because it is out of state transfer! So hard because we have to say ok to both schools and pay their fees. They will not wave them! HELP! No answer to phone calls or emails@!@!@!@
     
  6. rf15

    rf15 Member

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2011
    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    0
    Submitted transfer req on last Fri - approved on Thurs (yest). Was in-state to in-state (both public).
     
  7. h2ocop

    h2ocop Member

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2010
    Messages:
    19
    Likes Received:
    0
    Civil Engineering

    I don't recall the application being specific on major beyond general engineering. Hoping we hear soon like others apparently have.
     
  8. VAMOM2015

    VAMOM2015 Member

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2011
    Messages:
    37
    Likes Received:
    0
    Son requested a transfer from an in-state to a private Ivy last Sat. Received transfer on Thursday! Very surprised and happy family!:thumb:
     
  9. INFJx3

    INFJx3 Member

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2011
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    0
    We requested a transfer that was denied - so we plowed on to the state school with no questions, but then.......

    The LTC at the school that we were trying to transfer into called the house and said that he was going to go to Brigade Command and ask for the transfer himself. Now we receive email from the LTC's aide that it still isn't approved for transfer but to not give up hope.

    In all seriousness, this is becoming a case of whiplash for my son. He is fine with either school, he just wants a definitive answer and he wants to try and make plans.

    Just to add a monkey wrench in the soup - he is going to play football at either school, so he needs to get a plan in gear for summer training.

    From the vast amounts of experience here - Should my son just plan to attend the state school and move in that direction or should we do as instructed by the LTC and remain hopeful?

    Thank you, INFJx3
     
  10. paradoxer

    paradoxer Member

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2010
    Messages:
    503
    Likes Received:
    5
    Leave both doors open if you have the resources

    No amount of experience other than seeing the between brigade transfer that was not suppose to happen - so if you have the resources I'd pursue both. It appears brigades have some discretionary money, maybe you can get some!
     
  11. gojack

    gojack ....

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2010
    Messages:
    791
    Likes Received:
    2
    Yes, do as instructed by the LTC... If you have a PMS personally going to bat for you there is hope, hang in there.
     
  12. INFJx3

    INFJx3 Member

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2011
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thank y'all for the advice
    We are so confused - the LTC is so determined to get my son into his program we just don't want to build up hope and then have it torn down.

    INFJx3
     
  13. gojack

    gojack ....

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2010
    Messages:
    791
    Likes Received:
    2
    Proceed with plan A like there is no fallback plan
    Maintain Plan B like there is no Plan A
    Adapt to whichever comes... military life is like that.
    Disappointment is brief
     
  14. INFJx3

    INFJx3 Member

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2011
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    0
    thank you go jack

    We are proceeding to the state school and not thinking too much about the other school that the LTC wants our son to go to :)

    We are so thankful for all the input we have received from these boards - y'all are just darling!!!

    INFJx3
     
  15. INFJx3

    INFJx3 Member

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2011
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    0
    Got another call last night.

    This time the LTC and a retired 3star who sits on the board of the college that the transfer was denied to are talking to CC. The 3star called CC on my son's behalf. That floored us completely. We are all ready for the state school but we are waiting on more info from CC about this transfer.

    Just an update..........
    INFJx3
     
  16. VinniesDad

    VinniesDad New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 19, 2011
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    Just found out last nite after almost a month of no communication from CC, that DS was able to transfer scholarship to Norwich from Citadel.

    This forum and the information regarding how to transfer were invaluable to getting it completed. DS can now focus on getting ready to be a student, play football and a be a contracted cadet at Norwich University. What a relief!!!!

    This would have not been possible without the wealth of information sharing done on this forum!!!!
     
  17. jagabiti

    jagabiti Member

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2010
    Messages:
    239
    Likes Received:
    0
    DS is STILL waiting since March-ish! Have left many calls, emails and has spoken to a really nice lady at CC who keeps saying its still in the pile and is sitting on someones desk! So frustrating because he has taken his placements test at his school he was assigned to and is resigned to "this is where I am going to be". Anyone know what else to do? Thanks!
     
  18. INFJx3

    INFJx3 Member

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2011
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    0
    We are still waiting too - so if misery loves company we are here with you!!!

    INFJx3
     
  19. dunninla

    dunninla Member

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2010
    Messages:
    1,866
    Likes Received:
    5
    Here's the holdup from my limited perspective:

    - Awardees from the early April 3rd Board have until June 19, as stated in the Award Letter that arrived on Apr. 23, to officially accept or decline their scholarship offer, and to identify to which of the two schools (in the case where two schools are listed on the Award letter). Many awardees will have already sent in their Acceptance form, so that CC can approve some transfers, but many awardees have not. As I wrote, the awardees have until June 19 to pick their Unit per the official letter. Some of these awardees will have put a registtrationa and/or housing deposit down with both schools, and haven't made a final decision for a number of reasons.

    So, this means that Units/Battalions/Brigades won't know for sure how many cadets they will be receiving until June 19.

    I imagine that back at Cadet Command in Ft. Knox, there will be quite a few cases where CC won't know if they have a spot open at the receiving school of a transfer request until June 20.
     
    Last edited: May 23, 2011
  20. Jcleppe

    Jcleppe Member

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2010
    Messages:
    5,541
    Likes Received:
    842
    I am just curious, What April 3rd Board are you speaking of. The last Official Board was March 8th and all accept/decline letters were required by a deadline that has already past.

    Was there a AROTC April Board that was unannounced.

    I guess I should ask, are you talking AROTC or NROTC.
     
    Last edited: May 23, 2011

Share This Page