Should he proceed to schedule an exam if he possibly has mono? Mono test result not in yet- prob a week out. If he has it, it is very mild- no spleen or liver involvement and no jaundice, actually not so bad fatigue. If this is not mono, it is what i would consider a minor illness. As of today, he is on the upswing of whatever he has. Just worried about triggering a rash of mono-related problems that could appear on the physical exam. I dont know what these would be, but i imagine there could be some, especially in the labs. If he has had mono, he is at approx week 3 or 4 of the illness. It is supposed to subside in 3- 4 weeks, i hear. That would be about now, and waiting another 5 weeks would allow the physician to document perhaps a cleaner, recovered state. However, EVERYBODY says to schedule the exam immediately because almost everyone has to go through remedials and commonly waivers. I just dont want to rush in on the above advice if common sense regarding the mono tells us to wait until his deadline (he is given 6 weeks to get this done). Should we schedule the appt toward end of his 6 weeks, have him mention to examiner he just recovered, and hope for a clean exam? Advice?