We have a child in and we sponsor so want to be very vague here. Lets say a child gets injured while at SA. Child has long history of extremely high pain tolerance and hatred of doctors and pushing beyond their (and PT) counsel. Academy initial diagnosis is mild joint injury. Immobilize for week and then should be fine. Start PT immediately. Child experiencing debilitating pain in PT. Thinks self indestructible and is likely minimizing the issue. SA orders an MRI but its a long way away and for variety of reasons (child not pushing and SA always slow I would guess) it has not happened more than a week out with no PT progress and significant pain if not immobilized. Given what I do/know, I suspect when finally fully diagnosed, this will be serious and maybe even surgery serious (compounded by delay and the PT). And now of course there is a government shut-down looming which I guess will make getting any medical care, diagnosis, or needed surgery even more of a problem if even possible at all? I don't know enough details but given the joint there is some possibility if further damaged this would be a go home and can't come back kinda thing. There is an expression we often hear used by military wives for how to deal w military... "shut up and color." Is that what we should be doing here? Curious what other parents or sponsor parents might do in this situation.