LOE and Admissions timeline

Discussion in 'Military Academy - USMA' started by cadet85, Jan 5, 2014.

  1. cadet85

    cadet85 Member

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2013
    Messages:
    281
    Likes Received:
    0
    So this may be a stupid question, but is there anybody out there with an LOE that has heard anything from admissions about and offer of appointment? I know LOA's get offered early, so have some LOE's gotten early offers as well? Also, when should applicants hope to hear from admissions, because I have read that you can hear starting Feb. 28 (I know that is when the application process closes), but I have also read that It doesn't start until mid March? I am not at all impatient... just ready! :yllol:
     
  2. tug_boat

    tug_boat Member

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2012
    Messages:
    1,766
    Likes Received:
    546
    This is the tough part...

    Last year was the first year appointments were offered with out rolling admissions. So in many ways its difficult to predict since we are just comparing to what we experienced from last year. But it was around the second week a photo was posted on the admissions page of a photo showing on a big table BFEs being sorted out. I mean hundreds of BFEs. With in two days another photo was posted from admissions showing hundreds of BFE being loaded up to be distributed to the well deserving CCs. After a week, we started to see postings on SAF that someone found a BFE on there door step.

    One of the good things about this method, applicants found out early if they were getting an offer of not. This allowed plenty of time to accept Plan B offers. As opposed to years of rolling admissions it dragged on well past Plan B admission dead lines.


    The waiting is the tough part!!

    Push Hard, Press Forward
     
  3. cadet85

    cadet85 Member

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2013
    Messages:
    281
    Likes Received:
    0
    I am assuming you mean the second week of March since deadline hits Feb. 28.
     
  4. tug_boat

    tug_boat Member

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2012
    Messages:
    1,766
    Likes Received:
    546
    Wha...?

    Yes your correct

    Push Hard, Press Forward
     
  5. tug_boat

    tug_boat Member

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2012
    Messages:
    1,766
    Likes Received:
    546
  6. a2roxas28

    a2roxas28 Member

    Joined:
    May 25, 2010
    Messages:
    115
    Likes Received:
    3
    Is that the same for soldiers?
     
  7. tug_boat

    tug_boat Member

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2012
    Messages:
    1,766
    Likes Received:
    546
    The "Waiting"

    Okay, this is just me, shooting from the hip. I’m not an expert, nor am I a WP official. I know many are waiting on bated breath for something and hang on to every word.

    In my opinion, WP admissions may follow the same patterns as last class. It may be more streamlined with bugs being worked out from last year. I have heard a few, just a few offers have gone out thus far.

    The first mass mailing represented about half the class. About three weeks later the second mass mailing went out. Then offers trickled out after that. The priors should or could hear before or during the bulk of offers have been sent. You have to remember there are a lot of moving parts going on.

    The MAPS kids maybe the last know, only because they are still in session and if I remember from last year only 90% had offers the other 10% either quit or didn’t make the grade.

    This is the most difficult time, “The Waiting”. I would encourage everyone to still go forward with your Plan B. In the event you receive a “QNS” letter you can more forward seamlessly.

    Good Luck!!

    Push Hard, Press Forward
     
  8. Bandaid

    Bandaid Member

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2013
    Messages:
    10
    Likes Received:
    0
    There are rumors that prior service applicants will be notified by mid-January to late February.
     

Share This Page