My DS is a C2C (almost a firstee) but we have very good friends whose son received a letter last month saying he wasn't accepted to USAFA this year or the prep school and to feel free to apply next year. He accepted a 4 year ROTC scholarship at the state university and was moving along with his plans. This morning he got an email saying he WAS accepted to USAFA this year and he has until Wednesday to make his decision. He is feeling conflicted because he had gotten used to the plans for the State University and ROTC. We told him that this is a huge test of whether he really wants to go to the academy. That his 4 years at the academy will be full of ups and downs just like he felt over the last month and he needs to REALLY want it to go. Has anyone else gotten a TWE and then subsequently gotten an appointment?