Discussion in 'Coast Guard Academy - USCGA' started by KMC, Mar 26, 2011.
Does anybody know the exact dates of the Mystic Flag Ceremony this summer?
It's scheduled for Saturday, July 23rd...Alfa, Bravo, and Charlie companies will most likely not participate because they'll be traveling to EAGLE.
Thank you for the info! Much appreciated.
How soon will the incoming class know what company they're in, get travel info, etc...?
You'll get your company/mailbox information about two weeks before RDay.
Thank you for the quick response!
I need some detail information on what is going on Saturday July 23rd?
1) When do the swabs march in and where?
2) I am told the families and Swabs have time at the aquarium, when and how does this all work with the ceremony.
I read the ceremony is at 11:00 but I was told the Swabs march in between 8:30 and 8:45?
As much details as possible is so appreciated.
Parents of Swab of 2015
1. They arrive at Mystic Seaport about 8:15, march in shortly thereafter
2. Parents will have some time with them at the Seaport...the Aquarium is at a different location. Don't go there.
3. After the ceremony the swabs return to the Academy...if all goes well they are granted liberty at approximately 12:30 until 6pm
Actually here is the schedule just found it.
0815 - Cadets arrive in Mystic
0830 - Cadets allowed to tour Seaport freely but ARE NOT in a liberty status while touring. Can't leave park area for any reason other than an emergency.
1030 - Regiment, Color guard, Regimental Band Muster at Boat Shed
1045 - Regimental Commander sounds attention March to Chubbs Wharf
1100 - Flag Presentation Ceremony begins
1120 - Ceremony concludes - Regiment, Color Guard, and Band dismissed
1130 - Cadets depart Mystic Seaport for Academy
1200 - Cadets arrive at Academy, Liberty policy instruction
1230 - Liberty granted, buffet lunch in wardroom (optional for swabs)
1800 - Liberty expires.
Really appreciate the info.
aswhaley, also check the Parents Association website for a lot of info.
There is also a facebook page for class of 2015 parents. both places have lots of photos as well.
Separate names with a comma.