No NWL info yet?

Discussion in 'Military Academy - USMA' started by BenjaminZ, Feb 7, 2012.

  1. BenjaminZ

    BenjaminZ Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2011
    Messages:
    64
    Likes Received:
    0
    My application has been done, I'm 3Q'ed and nominated, but I haven't heard from the academy as to the NWL. Could this just be due to the vacancy for my nomination not being filled yet? If so, then I could still potentially be picked for it I believe.
     
  2. SimonPark

    SimonPark Member

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2012
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    0
    You're in the NWL because the top nom. selected to go to USMA. Essentially, you're not the top pick, so you're waiting like the rest of us!
     
  3. BenjaminZ

    BenjaminZ Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2011
    Messages:
    64
    Likes Received:
    0
    Shouldn't I have been informed via mail that I was placed on the NWL?
     
  4. mng249

    mng249 Member

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2011
    Messages:
    32
    Likes Received:
    0
    see you'd think that they would mail you, but I have the exact same problem without any word from anyone. Just keep waiting, that's all i've been able to do.
     
  5. SimonPark

    SimonPark Member

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2012
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    0
    They did mail it to me... guess I expected others to have the same treatment?
     
  6. kinnem

    kinnem Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2010
    Messages:
    7,544
    Likes Received:
    1,004
    Based on what I've read on other threads it appears to be hit or miss.
     
  7. VonFritz

    VonFritz Member

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2010
    Messages:
    47
    Likes Received:
    0
    As the previous post mentioned "it can be hit or miss"! I totally agree. My son who is re-applying to the USMA never received any notification last year that he was placed on the NWL until he found out in April that they had not been able to find a slot for him. It is a grueling time of year for many - all you can do is to update your file with any achievements (until Feb 28th), stay positive and stay patient! I've read from many posts - some candidates never receive any letter regarding being placed on the NWL - some never even hear from their MOC and they get a wonderful surprise in the mail (BWE!).
     
  8. BigNick

    BigNick Member

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2010
    Messages:
    567
    Likes Received:
    3
    Things will start moving at a fast pace after Feb 29 - the last day to add to your file.
    About 80% of Members of Congress (MOCs) nominate 10 people for their vacancy and let WP decide on the best - the other 20% decided the vacancy winner themselves. For those candidates who are one of 10 - WP Admissions will determine the vacancy winner by about mid-March or earlier. Those offers will go out quickly - probably before the end of March.
    Those who are nominated (not vacancy winner) and are 3Qed (completely qualified in every area) will be put on the National Waiting List. As mentioned in many post, at least 150 will be activiated from that list by Law. Most of these will be people who got an LOA. However, usually about another 200 on this list will be admitted for various reasons - very highly qualified, minority, recruited athelete, etc.
    By the end of March the class will be almost full. There are always some additional admissions offered as a few people who have been given offers decline their appointment (they have until May 1 to accept or decline).
    If you are not a vacancy winner it is now a waiting game.
     

Share This Page