My son got a remedial to be evaluated for a pilonidal cyst. Who knew? I didn't know he had it and he just thought it was an annoying pimple. So I have been checking out WebMD, etc. At this point, it's an "if" but it seems from what I can find out that diagnosis is by visual inspection so the original doctor was most likely not unsure but just following procedure. I read the section in the standards documents and it says a pilonidal cyst is disqualifying if the excision was less than 6 months prior. So IF it's a pilonidal cyst and IF he has it excised, what does that mean in terms of process? Does he wait 6 months and then try to be re-qualified? Or can he try to get a waiver prior to the 6 months? I hope to get this resolved quickly from a medical standpoint and hopefully can get it treated before the end of September. That would make 6 months out the end of March. How does timing factor into the equation? And a related question.... DODMERB hasn't found a doctor yet (that's wht it says on DS's status). Do we have to wait for them or can he go to a doctor his GP recommends? He has his sports physical next week so it would be easy to get a referral through our regular providers. Thanks.