My son is a rising Senior and was recruited this summer to play a sport at the Academy. He was told by the coach that he had to wait until at least November until a slot dedicated for Varsity athletes opened up to receive an appointment. He is being recruited by other Division 1 schools, but wants to go to the USAFA. The problem is that he is being asked to commit to his second choice of schools well before November and he does not want to de-commit on a verbal commitment to another school if a slot opens up at the Academy. Anyone else have a similar experience or any advice?