Request Notification

Discussion in 'ROTC' started by Tooler_1024, Apr 28, 2014.

  1. Tooler_1024

    Tooler_1024 Member

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2013
    Messages:
    33
    Likes Received:
    0
    Has anyone else received word about whether their AROTC scholarship was transferred to another school? It seems like the bulk of them have been sent out already and it looks like I'm going to have to put down my deposit to the school it was awarded to originally. Also, how will people know if their request was denied?
     
  2. Jbrochu22

    Jbrochu22 Member

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2013
    Messages:
    17
    Likes Received:
    0
    I was notified last week, but I believe that all decisions will be made by May 5th. That doesn't really help you out though with the May 1st deadline! I would just wait it out a couple days just in case they get back to you, but be ready to make two deposits. Hope things work out for you.
     
  3. clarksonarmy

    clarksonarmy Recruiting Operations Officer at Clarkson Army

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2010
    Messages:
    1,699
    Likes Received:
    450
    Tooler...have you asked the school you are requesting to transfer to? They would probably know before we would.
     
  4. Roseville

    Roseville Member

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2014
    Messages:
    190
    Likes Received:
    0
    DS received notification today - via email and portal. Successful transfer, to slightly more expensive school.

    But DS had earlier requested from that school, which has a May 1st deadline, and extension of the deposit deadline due to waiting on the transfer, and received an extension until May 8th.

    Clarkson has indicated that many schools' Admissions offices are willing to work with you if you let them know you are waiting on a scholarship transfer, and that it is only until May 5th.

    Best of luck!
     
  5. Tooler_1024

    Tooler_1024 Member

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2013
    Messages:
    33
    Likes Received:
    0
    My ROO at the school I'm trying to transfer to said that if I received a transfer that I would have to notify him because I would be the first to know but I guess there is no harm in calling him to ask if he has heard anything...
     

Share This Page