Still have not heard from NROTC...

Discussion in 'ROTC' started by Irish1993, Apr 21, 2011.

  1. Irish1993

    Irish1993 New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2011
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    May 1 is rapidly approaching and I STILL haven't heard from the NROTC. I have had my nurse option application submitted since the beginning of August 2010, but my online status says "no decision". I need to commit to a school but I can't until I know for sure from NROTC. Is anybody else in the same boat? It's making my last few months of high school very stressful...
     
  2. Texasblues

    Texasblues Member

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2010
    Messages:
    61
    Likes Received:
    0
    In the same boat! I'm thinking we'll hear something by next week. DS just received an Army ROTC scholarship. He is so happy someone wanted him. Is NROTC the only one you applied to?
     
  3. gonavy2015

    gonavy2015 Member

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2010
    Messages:
    95
    Likes Received:
    0
    My DS is still waiting with a "no decision" status.
    We called schools this week and they were all agreeable to deferring the deposit.
     
  4. Irish1993

    Irish1993 New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2011
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    Congrats to your son! I also applied to AFROTC for nursing, but got rejected a while back :frown: Based on this, I'm assuming I didn't get NROTC either; but at this point, I just need to know one way or the other!
     
  5. NewtoNavyDad

    NewtoNavyDad Member

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2011
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    0
    Son is in the same situation. He applied in August and has heard nothing from NROTC. Another thread indicated that the final board met last week and at least one person indicated s/he got a scholarship. That is all I heard though. Would have expected to hear today, but so far nothing.
     
  6. Minister956

    Minister956 New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2011
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
  7. FlyingIrish1992

    FlyingIrish1992 Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2011
    Messages:
    26
    Likes Received:
    0
    Irish1993, another thread indicated that you can request a deposit deadline extension if you explain the situation to your schools.
     
  8. Irish1993

    Irish1993 New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2011
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    Well, just found out it's a no. It stinks to have waited nearly 9 months and hear an answer I didn't want. Oh well, I'm trying again for 2012-2013.
     

Share This Page