Discussion in 'Naval Academy - USNA' started by rayquad, Mar 30, 2011.
Anyone else still waiting for a response?
DS is still waiting to hear...
Same here. Any other way we could check?
It depends when you sent in your application since its rolling admissions. I submitted my application on the 6th (5 days after the application opened) and I heard back on Monday.
Not sure the date you applied has anything to do with it...DS applied midnight 2/1...the night the application opened up.
I applied around 7 on day 2 and have yet to hear a response. Always hoping. The wait continues and the suspense heightens.
Last year DS applied on 2/1 but didn't hear until April that he was accepted. We got an email first, then a letter.
DD applied 2/1 and received letter dated 2/18. seems there is no correlation between application submittal and acceptance notification.
I've been accepted to the 2nd session, but due to boys state overlapping, I wouldn't be able to attend. Is there anyway to change to a different session?
MY ds is also still waiting, go accepted to USAF SS but no word on USNA SS
Try contacting them I guess.
I have already paid but may end up declining to attend since I might be going to Boy's State. My school is ridiculously slow with the Boy's State selection process.
Actually, there isn't a way to switch to a different session. I have contacted several people about the situation (since I have been waitlisted for USAF SS and didn't want to miss out on that) and I have been told that the only way of possibly switching is to forfeit your spot in session 2 and be waitlisted to another session.
you can. I'm attending USMA SLS session 2, which goes on while NASS seminar 1 is underway (which I got accepted to)
I called admissions and told them about it, and they let me switch to NASS session 3.
^ But people above said how there isn't a way to switch so...
I don't know if it'll work, but you can always try calling admissions.
I called Annapolis as soon as they started allowing session changes, which was about 2-3 weeks ago?
hmm thats interesting. I'll try calling again because a session change would be really helpful for me.
I had received my letter of acceptance to session 1 on Monday the 28th (March) but it was post marked for Thursday the 24th (because of that, I have to send in my reply by this coming Thursday the 7th)
On Tuesday, I emailed my BGO. On Wednesday, I called admissions and was forwarded to an answering machine where I gained an email address and I also left a message with my email address. I emailed the person and received a reply on Friday wit the information that I posted above. My BGO never replied to me.
As a result, I am signing up for the session I was assigned, however due to your reply, I might try calling again tomorrow morning.
DS still hasn't heard anything on acceptance or rejection for NASS. Are others still waiting too?
Ds also still waiting to hear
I'm still waiting to hear in Ohio...
I just called and they checked my sons status. I was told that they are still making selections.
Hey guys got some news...
all acceptances/rejections will be out by April 15
so if you are waitin only 10 more days!
and by the way...it is really not a good idea to call for your son, they want the kids to take the iniciative and tehy mark down all calls, so a "parent call" is not the best thing to have on a record
A "parent anything" isn't good for the entire application process. Let the kids do the work, or they'll never appreciate how hard it is to get in!
Separate names with a comma.