Scenario: DS awarded 3 yr scholarship. Needs waiver. Chose the "expensive" school as opposed to the state school. ( still hasn't sent in decision - we were hoping to hear about waiver) If waiver denied he would go to the affordable school and still do ROTC and reapply after freshman or sophomore year. He'd like to go to the bigger/nationally recognized school; but we can't pay 4 years of that. Deadline in a matter of days. Dodmerb was already done for USMA , so ROTC portal quickly went up and went straight to "waiver pending". But, He's gotta send in decision this week. HOW LONG is this gonna take? I think he has to make this decision blind and then….deposits, etc., monies will go that way before we know. ergh! Looks like we will have to reserve spot at two schools. Is this what people do? He actually really liked the ROTC ROO and PMS at one school, but has read "pick the school , not the ROTC program" stressed out…and still waiting on USMA. hah.