waitlisted

Discussion in 'ROTC' started by klmtr, Mar 25, 2012.

  1. klmtr

    klmtr New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    My DS just found out he was waitlisted at the private, out of state university (first choice) that he as already received a 3 yr AD AROTC scholarship to. He won't know if he will be accepted (off the wait list) to that school until mid-May. He has also been accepted to an in state, large, prestigious university (second choice). He is not sure whether to petition to have his scholarship transfered to his second choice school now since he is already accepted or wait it out until mid May and take a chance on his first choice school. Does anyone know if this will be too late to petition Cadet Command for a scholarship transfer if he waits until May and then does not get in to his first choice school?
     
  2. wolfpack1993

    wolfpack1993 New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2011
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    You should talk to the cadre at his first choice school and his second choice school to gain their input of the situation. See if they can do anything at his first choice school. I experienced a similar situation last year. I petitioned Cadet Command to transfer my scholarship and they allowed it. However, I don't know how things have changed with the budget cuts. Good luck, hope it works out!
     
  3. dunninla

    dunninla Member

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2010
    Messages:
    1,866
    Likes Received:
    5
    It is possible that the cadre at your Wait Listed school has some pull with Admissions... or not. You can't know until you ask. It is also possible that the admissions committee, with an assurance from the cadre that you will matriculate if offered a spot off the wait list, will indeed offer you a spot.
     

Share This Page