Withdraw other applictions?

Discussion in 'ROTC' started by chessycat8, Jan 15, 2010.

  1. chessycat8

    chessycat8 New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2010
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    My son applied for AROTC, NROTC Marine Option and AFROTC. He has been offered a 4-year AROTC but must accept by this Sunday, 1/17. He has not heard from the others. If he accepts the AROTC, should he immediately withdraw the other applications? He did originally prefer to be a Marine, but it is hard to pass up a bird in the hand, and he is fine with Army. I just don't know the generally accepted procedure here. I've been told by one source you must withdraw all other offers, but another told me to accept but keep it all out there.
     
  2. jbowman55

    jbowman55 USNA Parent 2014

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2009
    Messages:
    138
    Likes Received:
    0
    My daughter's NROTC scholarship stated that she should accept the scholarship now and could withdraw later (pending USNA appointment). Check with your recruiter. I think the AROTC should be the same.
     
  3. CadetMom777

    CadetMom777 Member

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2008
    Messages:
    189
    Likes Received:
    0
    Accept and keep all your scholarships until you make your final college decision! It is perfectly legal, you incur no further obligation, and you can turn it down later with no consequence. It happens all the time and the services expect it to.
     
  4. chessycat8

    chessycat8 New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2010
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanks for the input. It takes a lot of pressure off. My son sent his acceptance in today.
     

Share This Page