United States of America Service Academy Forums  

Go Back   United States of America Service Academy Forums > Service Academy Discussion > Naval Academy - USNA

Notices

Old 22nd September 2013

Default Letter Of Assurance

If a candidate receives a Letter of Assurance and already has a Presidential nomination, should they continue to seek an MOC nomination?
Old 23rd September 2013
USNA Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhughes33 View Post
If a candidate receives a Letter of Assurance and already has a Presidential nomination, should they continue to seek an MOC nomination?
Normally, the more nominations you have, the better. It is better to be on 2 slates of nominees than 1. In some states, the congressmen/senators coordinate to specifically avoid multiple nominations for a candidate.

However, if a candidate has an LOA in hand, any nomination will suffice. One is enough.

So, to answer your question, there really is no longer any need to waste time and energy trying to earn more nominations if you already have one along with an LOA.

Instead of allowing your nomination file to go inexplicably incomplete, I would call the MOC's office and politely explain your status (having both an LOA and a presidential nomination) and explain, because of that, you will not be completing your file.

Instead of writing essays, collecting recommendations, and filling out forms for the MOCs - go jogging, do some push-ups and sit-ups in preparation for Plebe Summer. Study hard and stay out of trouble. It looks like you're going to be in the Class of 2018, to me. Congratulations!
Old 29th September 2013

I would personally seek every nom possible
Old 30th September 2013
USNA Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaterrater View Post
I would personally seek every nom possible
It's a waste of time if you already have a nomination with an LOA.