United States of America Service Academy Forums  

Go Back   United States of America Service Academy Forums > Service Academy Discussion > Air Force Academy - USAFA

Old 5th February 2010

Default Could someone add me to the list please

OK...like I said...not computer savy...so could someone add me to the growing list.

6. Salty007..........Mom..........TX..........Daughte r..........Yes
Old 5th February 2010

......Screen Name...............Mom/Dad.....State.....Son/Daughter....PMs Ok?

1...2014MOM....................Mom...........TX... ...... Daughter........Yes
2...tutmom.......................Mom...........VA. .........Son...............Yes
3...Jassen2.......................Dad...........TX ...........Son...............Yes
4...laxfan17......................mom...........VA ..........Son...............Yes
5...pinkharley99.................mom...........CT. ........Daughter.........Yes
6..Salty007.......................Mom..........TX. ..........Daughter.........Yes
Old 5th February 2010

thanks Soccerdude...again!!!
Old 5th February 2010
USMA Alumnus

1...2014MOM....................Mom...........TX... ........Daughter........Yes
2...tutmom.......................Mom...........VA. .........Son...............Yes
3...Jassen2.......................Dad...........TX ...........Son...............Yes
4...laxfan17......................mom...........VA ..........Son...............Yes
5...pinkharley99................mom...........CT.. .........Daughter........Yes
6...Salty007.......................Mom..........TX ...........Daughter........Yes
7...marciemi.......................Mom..........WI ...........Son................Yes
Old 6th February 2010

6...Salty007.......................Mom..........TX ...........Daughter........Yes
7...marciemi.......................Mom..........WI ...........Son................Yes
8...texasrocks....................Dad............T X............Son................Yes
Old 6th February 2010

Thanks to all those who put their names on the list so far, and to those who let us know about the other groups and forums. It doesn't look like there's been any posts on the Yahoo Group since last year and not many members. The USAFA forum looks interesting but so far for me it's been confusing trying to figure out how to use it, much more complex than this site.

I have sent a PM to every person who added their name to this list and some of those have already become new friends! It's really nice to meet a few people to have conversations with who know exactly what your appointee (and whole famliy!) has gone through and who are looking ahead to the same adventure.

If you haven't already you might want to send a PM to some of the other parents on this list and make some new connections!
Old 6th February 2010
Parents of 2014 Grad

8...texasrocks....................Dad............T X............Son...............Yes
9..mikeandcris................Dad/Mom........CA.............Son...............Yes
Old 7th February 2010

8...texasrocks....................Dad............T X............Son...............Yes
9..mikeandcris................Dad/Mom........CA.............Son...............Yes
10. ccfletch.......................Mom..........NM.... ........Son................Yes

Hi everyone!
Old 7th February 2010

The yahoo group was set up in advance of the class of 2014 coming onboard. The members you see on that group right now are mainly upperclass parents waiting for the new parents to join. It's hasn't been possible for it to be active when there haven't been many appointments made. Remember that out of a class size of 1300ish there aren't many parents on this forum either. No site is perfect and folks will like one site over another for various different reasons. I'm not promoting any site over another, each parent will have to decide which site is best for them. I can just about guarantee you will like the AOG site the best this summer when webguy is loading thousands of pictures each day. He will be the only one with direct access to our basic cadets.

Service Academy forum is fantastic during the application process and the waiting period.

2014 Yahoo group will be class specific.

USAFA group will incorporate all classes.

AOG forum and webguy will be extremely active during the summer and will drop off after Acceptance Day and Parent's weekend.

Lots of sources all great.
Old 7th February 2010

Default forums

Thanks for the advice. I have spent a good day on the AFA site, and found the forum hard to find my way around (can't seem to spell manouver?). But it does seem like it will be a great place for info. I am very excited to finally have found out where "webguy" is. I read alot about "him" earlier and wondered how to connect with that site.