United States of America Service Academy Forums  

Go Back   United States of America Service Academy Forums > General Discussion > Academy/Military News

Notices

Old 20th November 2011

Default 2Lt. Nicholas Vogt

2Lt. Nicholas Vogt, USMA Class of 2010, lost both of his legs in an IED attack last week in Afghanistan. He survived the flight to Germany and he is hanging on. His parents requested prayers for their son. My daughter, USMA 2015, informed us many cadets at West Point know Lt. Vogt and are pulling hard for him to survive this attack. http://tinyurl.com/chpel52
Old 20th November 2011
USCGA 2006

I'll keep him in my prayers.

Visited Walter Reed last year. The survival rate is very very high once they get them off the battle field. That's a testament to the medical professionals who work on the troops.
Old 20th November 2011

Lt. Vogt was a B-1 Barbarian, and a firstie when my son was a plebe. He defered entrance into medical school so he could serve as an infantry officer. I remember my son telling me about it at the time. Please keep Lt.Vogt in you prayers.
Old 21st November 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenAngel77 View Post
Lt. Vogt was a B-1 Barbarian, and a firstie when my son was a plebe. He defered entrance into medical school so he could serve as an infantry officer. I remember my son telling me about it at the time. Please keep Lt.Vogt in you prayers.
My advisor when I was in med school was a triple amputee (lost both legs and one arm in an accident while she was in residency). She went on to become a radiologist and an amazing source of inspiration!

Prayers being said daily for Nick in this USNA household!
Old 23rd November 2011

Good news about Lt. Vogt:

Quote:
"What a way to start the day!!!........Great news! Through the night Nick 'fully' woke up. He looks great. Everyone is very excited. He can't speak due to the trake but he understands what is being said to him. He acknowledges commands and has even given a 'thumbs up.' He is a very popular guy this morning. We are off to Walter Reed. Give thanks to God for He is good!"
http://www.unknownsoldiersblog.com/2...e-of-love.html
Old 23rd November 2011

Default Wonderful News

Trixie, thanks for posting the update. What a great thanksgiving gift for the Vogt family.
Old 24th November 2011

Today's Facebook update on Nick Vogt:

Post from Nick's mom, Sheila......Nick had another good day at Walter Reed hospital, he went into surgery early this morning where the team of doctors .. and there was alot of them got to take their first look at him and also do some more work on his leg wounds. More then one time today I heard comments from the medical staff of how well he is doing considering the exstent of his injuries. One of ...the doctors during a personal consultaion again used the word miraculous. Today after he awoke from surgery he was very alert and responded to us and the doctors. Please continue to keep him in your prayers as he continues to heal and get stronger, he has a very long road ahead of us but with love support and prayer he can do it! Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
Old 24th November 2011
Parent

Thanks for the update. LT Vogt is in our thoughts.
Old 25th November 2011
USAFA Alumnus

He is definitely in our prayers.
Old 25th November 2011

Sgt. Liam Dwyer at yesterdays inaugural run. He won going away even after loosing his chain and fixing it during the race and missing the turn for the finish line. Looped around and still beat the fastest runner. Left his father in the dust and my TBS and PLC behind.

http://rep-am.com/news/local/601485.txt

Six months ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNtm5gdKcWM

That was his second PH. One Iraq and one Afghanistan.

One tough Kid. There are more than we can count or recognize individually but thank them all.

Last edited by AF6872; 25th November 2011 at 08:57 PM.