United States of America Service Academy Forums  

Go Back   United States of America Service Academy Forums > Other Sources of Commission > ROTC

Old 29th February 2012

Default army rotc fitness test

Can I do the one mile run on a tread mill? Because its snowing hard outside. Also do the results simply have to be post marked by the deadline?
Old 29th February 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocaColaCEO View Post
Can I do the one mile run on a tread mill? Because its snowing hard outside. Also do the results simply have to be post marked by the deadline?
If you have a coach or PE teacher that can monitor your run and there is a readout of time and distance I don't see why it wouldn't work. The PFT is just an example of your overall fitness.

By the way, your cutting it pretty close to the deadline, in fact isn't today the deadline.

I would scan the results and email them, send them fed ex, mail them, and fax them all today. Don't just do one of the above, do them all. Remember time zones as well, make sure you email and fax before the close of business Ft. Knox Time.

With how busy they are, your taking the risk your information, even if it arrives on time, may not make it into the system.

Make sure you follow up with CC as well as the ROO at one of the schools you listed, they will be able to tell you if everything was received ok and you are board ready.

Good Luck
Old 29th February 2012

OP - last year the deadline was 28 Feb. Is this year 29 Feb?

I wouldn't postmark anything... I'd get a copy, and scan+email, fax and call Cadet Command with the results.. If you mail it, it might not get to Ft. Knox in time to put into your file for the next Board. After all that, I'd mail the original.
Old 5th March 2012

Would it be possible to do aerobic testing on something other than running? Would a bicycle test work?
Old 5th March 2012

Read page 11, section 3 (the second section 3 on there).

http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/r350_1.pdf
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle, or it will starve to death. It doesn’t matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle; When the sun is up, you better start running.
Old 5th March 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophos View Post
Would it be possible to do aerobic testing on something other than running? Would a bicycle test work?
No.
Old 5th March 2012
Army ROTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophos View Post
There are alternate events to running in the APFT, but I don't believe they are available for this test. Also, you don't get to just choose alternate events.
Old 5th March 2012
Parent

After looking a little bit into the OP's posting history, his question is actually pertaining to the Presidential Physical Fitness Test (the one you take in HS) that was needed to be submitted with his AROTC scholarship application, as opposed to the APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test) which is taken by ROTC Cadets and Army personnel.

For this particular test (Presidential Physical Fitness Test), there never has been anything to replace the 1-mile run, which it appears that he put off until the last minute. Considering the OP was asking about things ROTC scholarship last June, this does not speak well of the ability to carry out the requirements of the application.

Time to put this thread to rest.
Old 5th March 2012

Chill out man^
Old 5th March 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by goaliedad View Post
After looking a little bit into the OP's posting history, his question is actually pertaining to the Presidential Physical Fitness Test (the one you take in HS) that was needed to be submitted with his AROTC scholarship application, as opposed to the APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test) which is taken by ROTC Cadets and Army personnel.

For this particular test (Presidential Physical Fitness Test), there never has been anything to replace the 1-mile run, which it appears that he put off until the last minute. Considering the OP was asking about things ROTC scholarship last June, this does not speak well of the ability to carry out the requirements of the application.

Time to put this thread to rest.
I agree, I wonder if he got things done in time, I highly doubt it.

I was answering a different poster on this thread, I gave up on the other one.