United States of America Service Academy Forums  

Go Back   United States of America Service Academy Forums > Service Academy Discussion > Naval Academy - USNA

Old 24th November 2009

Default How long untill official acceptance letter?

I recently had my MOC interview and just found out I received a nomination for USNA, USAFA and USMA. I had an LOA for all three before I received my nomination so theoretically I should be accepted to all three. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the official acceptance letter after the academy is notified of the nomination? Do they all come out at a set date or do they give them out as they accept people? I could be patient and just get it when I get it, but this whole process has been one giant waiting game and I am getting a bit antsy. It would be nice to know. My first guess is that they send them out as soon as they decide someone is accepted. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 24th November 2009
Parent

If you have an LOA, it should be pretty quick. USMA was faster than USNA two years ago for DS...interviews in late Oct, early Nov...USMA appt. came day after Thanksgiving...USNA came early January. It just depends on how many they have to look at when admission boards meet, how quickly MOC notifies academies, and how fast it's all matched up. Sit tight; should be soon.