A few weeks ago I found out that my medical status was changed to remedial because of one item. I am allergic to Red Food Dye #40, common in red candy, but I have never had trouble with it. I have only had a reaction a few times and the only symptoms are that my ears turn red and I get hot. If I eat too much I get hives, but I have only had that happen once and that was when I was 3 and that was when I was diagnosed. When I was diagnosed the doctor said the older I get the more I could handle and eventually should grow out of it. Currently I can eat red dye in sizable amounts before anything happens. I have to see an allergist in a few weeks, I am wondering if this is going to be a problem for my medical qualification status?