My son has an appointment to USMA, a 4 year AROTC scholarship to Cornell or two other schools, and is waiting to hear about AFROTC, and Air Force Academy. Original plan was to wait and see what the choices are then decide. However, the AROTC letter states that he needs to accept and choose a school by January 17. Well that is this Sunday! Yes, a Sunday??? Numerous questions, but the most important is how binding is the "acceptance of the AROTC" to Cornell, if he chooses later to go a different route? We believe he will get accepted to Cornell, but as we all know, that is not a given. What if he decides to go to West Point? What if he gets the AFROTC (seems like he will know around January 20), and wants to go that route?