AROTC offer deadline

vivaldibabe

10-Year Member
5-Year Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2008
Messages
19
I recently received a scholarship offer from AROTC at my first-choice college. :p
...
BUT I was given a deadline (late Feb) that conflicts with my chances for AFROTC, as I will not know if I have been awarded an AF scholarship until after that deadline. And I really want to keep my options open by considering both branches at the present.

Anyone know what to do? Can I have the deadline extended somehow...?
Any help is good help right now. :redface:
Thanks.
 

Roman

10-Year Member
5-Year Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2008
Messages
264
I was in the same predicament. I just ended up chosing the school I would go to if I received no other scholarships.
 

CadetMom777

10-Year Member
5-Year Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
189
I'm not 100% positive, but I don't think accepting a scholarship from one branch precludes you from being awarded one from another branch. I know for a fact many students accept a ROTC scholarship and then turn it down for an academy appointment. I would imagine you could do the same between branches.
 

Just_A_Mom

10-Year Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2006
Messages
4,826
Go ahead and accept your AROTC scholarship if you want and are waiting for other offers. If you get an AFROTC scholarship and decide to accept it, you can then turn down the AROTC scholarship.
 

vivaldibabe

10-Year Member
5-Year Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2008
Messages
19
Ok then. Sounds good.
I know I'll need a bit of time to decide between the two, assuming I get the AFROTC. If I don't, no decision needed! :rolleyes:

Thanks!
 
Top