first post. Hello all. Our son is a senior and ranked 19th in his class of 155 with a gpa of 3.8+. His gpa the past two years has been over a 4. Our school does their gpa a bit different than some I have seen. An A+ is a 4.0. A is 3.75, etc. he has taken quite a few 5pt dual credit college classes the past 2 years such as Calc, Chem1 & 2, psych, etc. He will graduate in June with honors and is in their honor society. His superscored ACT is a 32, with individuals of 34,32,32,31 He has participated in sports all through school and will have 4 letters and the fact that this Spring will be his final season of baseball is a bit surreal as that is what he loves and we as parents love to watch. He has also volunteered locally and with the school through student council which he is a member of. To his credit he has handled every bit of his apps to the AFA and the CGA and AFROTC and even to the college he attended Boy's State at for a week. He received his nomination towards the end of last year to the AFA. He logged me into his Coast Guard and AirForce pages last night so I could finally peek at them. Everything is in order and as a dad that has really tried to keep him on top of things I have to say I am impressed that he has done so. He has also kept his various social media items clean and free of stupid stuff. I have told him for a couple of years not to post anything he wouldn't feel comfortable explaining in a face to face interview. Now we are at the dreaded waiting part. I hate it and so does my wife. Probably the worst part is that everyone that knows him or us is constantly asking if he has heard anything. I do have a question in here though....should he not get accepted to any of the above military options are there better options available to him other than simply walking in and enlisting? Can the AFA or CGA extend an offer for something else? Sorry if this is a dumb question but we really don't have any knowledge of this. He has been accepted to that college noted above and they have offered him a nice scholarship. I read on here to keep that option available even if it costs us something so we have basically an insurance policy for him. Also he has a current up to date passport card as we go to Quebec and fish each year. Would he need to do something with that or get a book should he be accepted? I am sure I left some of his highlights out and I will likely have more questions I will remember later! Thanks for any and all comments, advice, suggestions!