- Sep 14, 2008
Was anyone else invited?
Colby Military Writers Symposium
New Student Event
Congratulations on your invitation to the 2009 Colby Military Writers Symposium. You are part of a select group of students that have been chosen to receive this invitation. Highlights will include:
* Meeting the authors
* In-class sessions with the authors
* Book signing
* Tour of the Sullivan Museum
Fill out the following registration to RSVP to attend this event. If you are interested in doing an overnight visit in conjunction with this event, please let us know. Feel free to contact Meghan Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lauren Caputo at email@example.com if you have any further questions.
The deadline to RSVP is March 18.
Sample Itinerary from last year's event
Information for this year’s event will be posted when available
* Arrive at Roberts Hall before noon
* Noon–1 p.m.: Luncheon presentation: Colby Award Winner COL Kevin Weddle presents “Lincoln’s Tragic Admiral”
* 2–3 p.m.: Book presentation by James Jay Carafano - “Winning the Long War: Lessons from the Cold War for Defeating Terrorism and Preserving Freedom”
* 3–4 p.m.: Presentation by John Lynn - “Still Endangered: Thoughts about the History of Military History”
* Evening: Experience life as a Norwich student
* 7–7:50 a.m.: Breakfast book presentation: Barry Strauss presents “War and Democracy: Some Thoughts on History”
* 8–9 a.m.: Tour of the museum
* 9a.m.–Noon: Accompany hosts to classes
* Noon–1 p.m.: Luncheon lecture: David L. Robbins presents “FACTION: Blending Fact and Fiction in Historical Novels”
* 1:30–3 p.m.: Public Session: “Ways of War”
* 3–4 p.m.: Book signing and student reception in Plumley Armory
* 4:30 p.m.: Checkout
For More Information About the Event
Visit the Colby Writers Symposium Homepage
This page is for students who have been invited by the Norwich University Admissions office to attend the 2009 Colby Military Writers Symposium. This event is not open to the public and prospective students are only permitted to attend by special invitation.