This morning at approximately 1030 the contractor working on barracks renovation severed the natural gas main feeding Rogers, Jones and Cleveland Halls. Those barracks were evacuated as a precaution and the alarms are activated to warn personnel away from the scene. Security was alerted and has secured the immediate area around the leak. The Great Neck Fire Department is also on scene. National Grid is currently identifying the shutoff valve to secure the leak so that the gas main can be repaired. All personnel are asked to stay clear of the Rogers, Jones and Cleveland area. This alert will be updated once new information becomes available.