Discussion in 'Naval Academy - USNA' started by willc1021, Mar 31, 2013.
I have not heard from USNA yet, is this a bad sign? Be honest.
I haven't heard yet either, unfortunately I don't think it's a good thing
I haven't heard anything yet either. I cannot say if it is a bad sign, because there are obviously going to be more appointments going out. But there is a higher chance of getting a TWE because there are only two weeks left and not as many appointments left to go out. It really depends on whether a decision has been made on your MOC slate. If so, and you haven't been appointed, you are probably on the national list. Where your chances are less, because you are competing with everyone around the nation.
Nothing from a Mailbox Stalker in California. My BGO gave me a call tonight and told me he'd talk to his superiors about my admissions status.
Welcome to the "hurry up and wait" game, ladies and gentlemen
I am also in California and I have not heard anything either...
DS with WV nominations has not heard anything yet. However, I am aware that one individual nominated by the Congressman has received an appointment while two individuals by one of the Senators has also received a nomination. Taking this as a sign that DS is in national pool. But as someone else pointed out in my posting ("Nothing mailed yet . . . is this a sign?), nothing received means you are still in the fight. Good luck.
i havent heard yet and i'm in CA (02 district). does the number of nominations affect your chance of receving an appointment? i had both house of reps and senator nomination, both were recevied by the academy in decemeber. is it a bad sign its taken so long? can a BGO call really help you at this point? i was wondering if i should contact him
I gave my Rep's office a call and talked to an assistant. He said that someone from the district has been appointed, but has no word on my status. I also asked about the number of slots, which he said there were many. So maybe they may appoint a second person from this district. Otherwise, I'm either on the National list, or my rejection letter is on its way.
I believe everyone offered an appointment has until May 1 to respond. After May 1 there will probably be more appointments awarded.
My DS hasn't heard yet either. I don't have a good feeling about it. Maybe he should call our congressman and see if any decisions have been made in his district yet?
A couple of indicators to consider: several people have noted that their MOC's still do not have status updates on their nominees. Compare the appointment thread from this year to previous years at the same date...hundreds of entries short of "normal". Admissions doing just that "admitting" they are behind this year. Keep the faith all..!!
The latest information being put out is that practically all the decisions have been made. Everyone will receive either a BFE, TWE or Waitlist letter in the coming days.
I had a candidate that I thought had a very strong chance of an appointment, but was ultimately turn-downed. My point isn't to scare everyone, but each year (and especially this year), there are hundreds of outstanding candidates who USNA would love to give appointments to, but can't due to class size. For those still interested in pursuing an appointment, make sure to call your Admissions Counselor and ask where you can improve for next year.
Best of luck in these coming days.
MOCs had not heard as of 3/27. Correspondence sent my USNA Admissions on 3/29. That tells me DS is getting a TWE.
What if said candidate needs a medical waiver? My understanding is that I would receive a TWE containing a LOA pending the medical waiver, then the waiver would be filed, THEN I would either receive a TWE or BFE depending on the waiver status.
Would this include decisions on Foundation Preps as well?
Don't know....April 15 isn't too far away, you will know shortly.
Medical waivers are only reviewed if, had you not had the medical disqualification, USNA would have offered you an appointment. If you satisfy this condition, you will get a conditional offer of appointment pending your medical waiver review. If USNA has already determined you will not be offered an appointment, then your medical waiver will not be processed and a TWE will be sent.
Is this entirely true? I received a waiver for two disqualifying conditions on March 11 after being denied twice and submitting new test results twice. I never received a conditional offer and am still waiting for a decision.
It might depend on who adjudicated the medical condition after your re-submission of tests. If it was DODMERB, then, it might be possible they re-evaluated your medical files and made another determination. In that case, DODMERB is separate from USNA. The scenario I was inferring to is if the waiver is required from the USNA Superintendent.
90% of the time USNA will not initiate the medical waiver process for a candidate because it is not efficient use of time to do all of the extra research and paperwork, if in the end, they don't end up offering the candidate an appointment.
DoDMERB was quick to disqualify me every time. My waiver was definitely from USNA, and I was informed that the Superintendent did sign off on it. I'm hoping you're right in saying they wouldn't waste their time unless they wanted me for sure, but only time will tell I guess.
Hopefully you will know soon!
It is possible that you could of been a very competitive candidate and they just decided to go ahead with the process. But the general rule-of-thumb that Admissions has put out is what I said earlier.
Separate names with a comma.