Nomination for non residential citzens

Discussion in 'Nominations' started by WaffleAndMapleSyrup, May 30, 2016.

  1. WaffleAndMapleSyrup

    WaffleAndMapleSyrup New Member

    May 26, 2016
    Likes Received:
    Ive come across a major setback during the admission process. Ive applied to USAFA And USNA. After reading around and contacting senators and congressmen theres no at all that they can give me a nomination. Nobody in my family has any military background and I havent lived in the States for 12 years now(Though Im a citizen by birth and i qualify for the vice presidential in every way) The vice presidential requires a current and permanent address and both require of me to put in a state and zip code(which I technically dont have). Does anybody know what has to be done?
  2. goforspaatz

    goforspaatz USAFA c/o 2020

    Dec 16, 2015
    Likes Received:
    Did you read the advice to US students living abroad on the USAFA website? You apply for a nom in your hometown (where your parents pay taxes). If you don't have one then you can only apply for the VP.
  3. Capt MJ

    Capt MJ 5-Year Member

    Sep 27, 2008
    Likes Received:
    We had a USNA sponsor mid who dad worked for the State Dept, lived OCONUS the last 8 years. Got a nom from home state of Maryland, which parents claimed as state of residence for tax purposes. Ditto a USNA sponsor daughter whose Dad was an IT contractor who worked at various places in Asia, family lived in Singapore. She got one from tax state of TX.

Share This Page