Nomination living outside of the USA

Discussion in 'Nominations' started by usafa_fr, Mar 17, 2019.

  1. usafa_fr

    usafa_fr New Member

    Mar 17, 2019
    Likes Received:
    I'm a HS sophomore living at the moment in the continental US. However at time of requesting nominations for my SA I will be living outside of the US. Should I apply for nominations now with my current representatives? Should I try to obtain a national nomination from the country were I will be residing? I am a citizen of both the US and this country. If it may help I am currently residing with a former service member.
  2. MMShape

    MMShape Member

    Mar 1, 2018
    Likes Received:
    Hi - search 'dual citizenship' in the search dialogue box and you'll see other threads on this topic.

    BLUF: You should retain your residency in whatever US state you have a connection to and apply for a nomination from that state's MOCs. You cannot apply early for nominations. You can however look at this year's MOC nomination package and start to prepare for the year you'll be requesting them. Essays, document requirements, etc will not likely change that much.

    Also--do not underestimate how long it will take to get a package from overseas to your MOC's office. Even 'express' mail takes one week, so plan your deadlines accordingly.
    rdhdstpchld likes this.