So I am currently waiting to hear back if I have been selected or not. I originally chose a tier 2 major partly out of interest, partly out of the higher selection chance. After a while, I realized that I actually wanted to do language and LREC much more and I would be much happier doing that so I emailed and asked to be considered for LREC. I did this because I figured it would be better for me to try and get a scholarship in what I really wanted to do rather than STEM simply because I have a better chance of being selected. Would you say this is a bad idea? I know my scholarship chances will more than likely drop, but I plan on joining as a college programmer if I do not get selected.