Discussion in 'ROTC' started by nrotchopeful19, Oct 3, 2014.
Has anyone gotten a September scholarship notification yet for NROTC?
Early board selections generally start hearing the third week after the board.
If this holds true, that would be the end of next week.
Remember, early selections are the very top candidates. 1500+, 3.9+uw, top 10%, multiple varsity letters, captain, class officer, etc.
Don't get discouraged if you don't hear this round.
Always have a backup plan.
yeah same here, i opened a thread and so far heard of one guy get one, immeadetly tho so??
I mean this in a nice way.
You really need to use better grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Your starting college next year as well as NROTC. Writing will be a big part of both, getting in the habit is a good idea.
You're---sorry couldn't help myself!
Figures, I guess I should add edit to the list.
Dang that autocorrect Jcleppe!
Still he has a point! This maybe a forum, but in my years here,I can count at least à dozen lurkers that pm me acknowledging they are PMS or sit on college admission boards.
You don't know who is out there and what exactly they are looking for with regard to why they are lurking!
Not trying to make any poster become paranoid, however, I am trying to stress that this generation as tech savvy as they think they are, and as ignorant as they think the older generation is....they are wrong with both assumptions!
~ Trust me when the folks say: Do you think we were born yesterday or on a turnip truck...it is rhetorical 95% of the time.
BACK ON TOPIC
The fact and reality is the minute that someone here gets picked up on any board that will be the thread at the top of the ROTC forum for 24-48 hours at least!
I know this will not stop anyone from starting a new thread, because it never has! Every year there will be multiple threads asking the same question as we go further into the month of October. Every year it will have the same basic responses.
1. I feel your pain.
2. I got an IS, good luck
3. The forum will light up looks a XMAS tree
4. Not to go off topic, but can you chance me!
5. YES! LOOK AT THE THREAD TITLED....
My point is you will know when it happens because of #3 and 5, until that time sit tight!
If you want guidance/reassurance, my best advice is the following:
1. Continue to take your SAT/CT
2. Get your medical records in order...waivers can take anywhere from 6 weeks to 9 months!
3. Expect NO answer until end of October
4. Talk to the PMS at your dream school about the WHAT IF scenario...got the scholarship , but not to dream school...chances of transferring and the process.
5. Enjoy this year because you cannot turn back time and recreate memories. Nobody ever says later in their life...I wish I spent more time hand wringing over my chances of a scholarship...they say I wish I hung with my loved ones more !
6. ONLY @ 16-18% receive a scholarship! They are the minority and you are also competing with SA applicants! The slate is WIPED clean the minute they step foot into ROTC. Scholarship means nothing come August/September.
~ No offense, but if the only way you can afford that dream college is an ROTC scholarship, this is the time you should be applying for every MERIT scholarship out there. ROTC scholarships may be 4 years of college, but in reality it is AT LEAST 8 years of your life. You may be able to choose what college you attend, but the Navy decides what you will do 24/7/365 and where you will live. See the unwanted service assignment thread currently trading here!
Good luck and thank you for your desire to defend this great nation.
Separate names with a comma.