I'm hoping that someone can help as we're very confused. At my son's AFROTC interview last week, he was offered a CLS Type 1 scholarship. That is great news. The problem is that he needs to commit by this Wednesday but the school is not his first choice. He is not going to know whether he even got into first choice school for another two months (I just spoke with them to see if this decision can be accelerated and they said that we need to wait). I understand that the CLS scholarship is not transferable. The offer letter states that if he declines, that he will be evaluated in the next scholarship board. My questions are: 1. If he declines, is there anyway to determine what (if anything) he will be offered through the scholarship board? 2. Would it help if I called the ROTC office in his first choice school to see what, if anything, can be offered? We spoke with them a few months ago when we visited the school but they told us that all interviews are only done by our local ROTC office, and not them. 3. Should I call the local AFROTC headquarters to see? Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.