Situation: kid was rejected by AFA, put in the alternate pool at CGA, waiting to hear anything from USNA, and told by USMA that he ranks #3 in the district and unless #1 & #2 decide to opt out (which they don't expect), he wasn't getting in. No word yet on a NROTC scholarship. Game came down to Navy and Coast Guard with the 4 yr AROTC scholarship in backup bag. Lo and behold, yesterday my wife took a call from an Army MAJ with USMA admissions and he tells her that the kid is "among the top candidates for one of the spots" at MAPS. Then he goes on to tell her that he needs a decision from the kid QUICKLY because he wants to offer the spot to someone else if the kid turns it down. How long can the kid stall the USMA guy until he hears from the other two academies? Also, could he stall long enough until he can travel to NJ/NY to visit the schools during his spring break (last week in March)?