Psychology Counseling

Discussion in 'DoDMERB' started by midshpmn, Oct 16, 2009.

  1. midshpmn

    midshpmn 5-Year Member

    Oct 16, 2009
    Likes Received:
    When my parents went through divorce court, my father took me to a psychologist under the recommendation of the Department of Social Services even though I did not have mental problems. I saw the psychologist once a month while the custody case was going on. The case took about a year and I saw the psychologist once every two months after that for another two years under recommendation of the Department of Social Services. I was never diagnosed with a mental illness and never placed on medication. Question 77 on the Report of Medical History forms asks "Consulted, or been treated by clinics, hospitals, physicians, healers, or other practitioners for other than minor illnesses?"

    Should I check yes or is this question for more serious situations like suicide prevention and addiction counseling? Also, will divorce/custody counseling like I had disqualify me by DODMERB?
  2. usna1985

    usna1985 10-Year Member

    Jun 9, 2006
    Likes Received:
    Your best bet is to ask Larry Mullen, Deputy Director of DODMERB. Send an email to the address in the sticky above with your full name and the last four of your SSN. He answers super-quick and his answer is the only one that counts.:smile:
  3. MullenLE

    MullenLE 5-Year Member

    May 31, 2008
    Likes Received:
    USNA1985 - He did and it was answered.?:thumb:

Share This Page