Remedial testing delay

mnolan

10-Year Member
5-Year Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2007
Messages
170
My daughter is applying to the USCGA and has been advised by DoDMERB that she needs to take the Methacholine challenge test. Concorde medical has not authorized it on the website yet. When I called, Concorde stated that they don't have anyone in our area authorized to give the test and there will be at least a 30 day delay till they can find someone to give the test.

My questions are:
1. Do we have to worry that it is delayed? She has received a conditional appointment from the USCGA, but if she ends up needing a waiver or anything, this could end up dragging into the spring. Is that a problem?

2. We live about half way between Indianapolis and Chicago. Would it be to our advantage or disadvantage to advise Concorde of our location and drive to the exam.....or should we just wait it out.

Thanks

Mike
 

Antoinette

10-Year Member
Founding Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2007
Messages
883
My 2 cents...call Concorde and let them know how far you are willing to drive to take the test. Maybe your daughter can get the test done sooner (or maybe not..) At least you and she will have the peace of mind knowing she did all she could to expedite her medical requirements for qualification.

I am no expert but my son went through the remedial and waiver process last year so I understand how you are feeling! :smile:
 

RetNavyHM

10-Year Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2006
Messages
1,270
You could wait the 30 days and see what Concorde can come up with, but as you state "what if more is needed".

If you are not adverse to driving to the appointment then I would contact Concorde and see what they can come up with that may be outside the area, but that you would be comfortable getting to.

If you still can't come to a resolution that works for you and your daughter let me know and I'll see what I can come up with.
 

momoftwins

10-Year Member
Founding Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2006
Messages
212
If you can get to Chicago or Indianapolis over the break, it would certainly help with all of those raw nerves. Waiting is the toughest part of all of this. So, my vote is to be aggressive about getting it done.
 

mnolan

10-Year Member
5-Year Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2007
Messages
170
called concorde

I called Concorde as you suggested. they said their default policy was to search for providers within a 50 mile radius. I did as you all suggested and told them to expand that radius to include Indianapolis first, and Chicago second. They readily agreed and will get back to us shortly.

Thanks for the suggestion....looks like we will be back on track.

mike
 

mnolan

10-Year Member
5-Year Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2007
Messages
170
found a provider

Concorde called back today with a provider and we have the test scheduled in a little over a week. I guess it pays to give them a call!

thanks everyone

mike
 
Top