Here is the situation we are faced with: DD has had her ROTC scholarship granted, she's been accepted into the college, but waiver is not approved. We are trying make decisions if the waiver is not approved by May 1st (Based upon her situation, it is very unlikely to be done by then, and who knows, it may be disapproved in the end) when school decisions have to be made. DD's first choice of school is where the ROTC scholarship is granted to, but she will not be going to this school without the scholarship due to the school's cost. Yes, we have read ALL of the threads with concerns and guidance against this. For her plan B school, she has already been granted full-tuition plus merit scholarships. If the waiver is not approved by May 1st, she will be enrolling in the plan B school. In circumstances like this, has anybody ever had success in speaking with the administration at the school where the ROTC scholarship is granted to and telling them that you absolutely want to go to the school, but the only way it will be financially feasible, is if I am medically approved for my ROTC scholarship, and then the school still holds the spot open for you right up to the point of fall classes to see if the waiver comes through in time? Obviously, if you could put enrollment deposits in for two schools at the same time and then withdraw one at the last minute, then you wouldn't have this problem, but alas this is not allowable. I know a student can still start the school pending the waiver, but the waiver must be approved, but the end of the 1st semester. We just won't take the risk of doing that, as then, if it is declined, we would be on the hook for the fall tuition, plus the other scholarships to plan B school would be gone. Can anybody else who has experience this, chime in and let me know what happened? On a side note, I will say that the issue that is causing this potential waiver or disqualification has come as a total surprise to us and was discovered during the medical review process. She is slated for her second round of remedial testing, and DD is still holding out hope, as she it not already disqualified, but frankly, I'm not feeling much hope for a good outcome. It POTENTIALLY could be a more serious cardiac issue, and if it is, I thank God it was discovered now vs. too late. While it may be the end to her dream of becoming a military officer some day, I am grateful that we will be able address the situation.