"Switch" Congressional districts?


Apr 3, 2017
I was waitlisted by USNA, and, in anticipation of a turndown, I am starting to think about reapplying. The school that I will attend in the fall (UVA) is in a different congressional district than the one I live in - would I become eligible for that Congresman's nomination? Couldn't I theoretically claim residency on the UVA campus and thusly fall into his district? Thanks in advance!
You would have to establish legal residency within the congressional district. This is not as easy as it sounds.

If you don't do it right, it may backfire and also make you look like you are "gaming" the system.
As a general rule, USNA assumes that a college student remains a resident of the district in which his/her parents live. It's very hard to change your district of residence, especially if your parents claim you as a dependent. Things that establish residency include: purchase or rental of property, voter registration, driver's license, car registration, and where you pay taxes. As a college student, you probably don't pay taxes and don't own/rent property. DL is by state. So the only changes are your car registration and your voting district. Probably won't be enough.