The Army Owes 120,000 Veterans Extra Pay

Discussion in 'Academy/Military News' started by buff81, Jul 10, 2010.

  1. buff81

    buff81 Moderator 5-Year Member

    Oct 31, 2008
    Likes Received:
    The following information comes from Rep Pete Olson's office (Texas, Congressional District 22).


    The Army owes about 120,000 Veterans extra pay and VA is reaching out to find them. The Army is seeking soldiers, Veterans, and survivors of soldiers whose service was involuntarily extended under Stop Loss Authority between September 11, 2001 and September 30, 2008. The 2009 War Supplemental Appropriations Act stipulates they are eligible for special pay those eligible will receive $500 for each month or partial month served in stop loss status. To receive this benefit, those who served under Stop Loss must submit a claim by October 21, 2010. Stop Loss Veterans can submit their on line at The Army encourages all candidates to visit its Web site to check eligibility and submit claims. The Army's Web site will also answer frequently asked questions about the claim process and has a link to the program's official Facebook page. Applicants who have questions not covered by the Web site can e-mail or call 877-736-5554. Veterans can also link to the eligibility and claims information on the VA Vet Center home page at; click on RSLP at the bottom of the left side column.

Share This Page