Discussion in 'Coast Guard Academy - USCGA' started by Chuck20, Nov 3, 2016.
best of luck to her - sounds like you have her prepared - hopefully they will be classmates in 2017!
Wait is finally over. DD received LOA in August. Conditional appointment early November, since she was just over visual acuity requirement and needed a waiver. Waiver was granted, so can now be added to the appointments list.
dont forget to join https://www.facebook.com/groups/USCGA2021PARENTS/
My son received EA Waitlist notification on Dec 21st. Not recruited athlete. High PFE- possibly 289, did overnight in November.
Just received West Point and USNA Congressional nominations as well as Senatorial USNA nomination.
Congrats to all those who were admitted!!!
1. corescue59/DS/Nov 4, 2016
2. jag3/DD/Nov 5, 2016
3. padre101/DS/Nov 6, 2016
4. iqmom/DD/Nov 6, 2016
5. anon2021/Self/Nov 6, 2016
6. 4for40/Self/Nov 6, 2016
7. candor/Self/Nov 6, 2016
8. klahowya16/Self/Nov 20, 2016
9. Idlewild/DD/No 20, 2016
10. FPMOM2015/DD/Nov 21, 2016
11. rtp9799/DS/Nov 21, 2016
12. Sandra614/DS/ Nov 22, 2016
13. tmamon/DS/Nov 22, 2016
14. JoLinz16/DS/Nov 22,2016
15. jbnll/DS/ Dec 15, 2016
16. panthermama/DS/Dec 15, 2016
17. 2021parent/DD/Dec 19, 2016
18. texas_two_step/DS/Dec 19, 2016
19. seaninsc/Self/Dec 19, 2016
20. Nav21/Self/Dec 19, 2016
21. elmtwigs/DD/Dec 19, 2016
22. bennington1/DS/Dec 19, 2016
23. Lazer4575/DS/Dec 21, 2016
24. Cptcln/DD/Dec 21, 2016
25. hopefulbear/Self/Dec 21, 2016
26. MIJ/DD/Jan 3, 2017
If you are comfortable, would you mind sharing his test/academic stats/extra curricular. My DD applied regular admission in November and CGA is now starting the CCEB. Just anxious to see where she may line up.
keep in mind DD will be evaluated against other RA candidates - EA wait listed candidates are not in the RA pool
My DS applied RA in September/October. We are eagerly awaiting too. The 15th is the deadline so I don't expect them to make any RA announcements until after that date at a minimum. April 15th is the "all notification" date I believe.
Even though she is being evaluated with other RA candidates, wouldn't they be making general decisions for EA and RA with similar criteria standards? Waitlists, Appointments, CGAS, etc? We received an email that they are beginning the CCEB for RA and they will be making rolling admissions.
my guess is that is how it goes - but there are more spaces available in the RA so its possible that someone who would be rated high the RA selection could be wait listed in the EA because there are few fewer spots
So we have no chance to come off EA waitlist until RA is done? So frustrating.
from what I remember from the presentations the applications in ea do not go into the ra pool and get a second review ... theres one waitlist and you go on that ... how thats reviewed ... i have no idea ... that wasnt covered ... that's why they stressed do not go EA unless you had all your stuff ready and maxed out ...
Yes, I Remember being told, wait list from EA must wait until all appointments from RA are complete. You then join those on the wait list from RA.
With the wait lists and Reg decision...are all appointments given out first and the waitlisters must wait for the appointees to decline before the they are then taken a look at?
According to what the wait listed letters said, yes.
Yes I left off that part of those declining Appointment.
Here is what I saw last year with the wait list but note I do not know what percentage got an appointment. My DS did not and we waited until early June to get the final decision.
- they started pulling a very small number from waitlist around mid March 2016 which meant that of the RA left under review they did not fill all the remaining gaps or needs.
- getting pulled from waitlist is more about filling a gap or need than anything else - such as need an Oboe player or running back etc.. (made up examples). Not really possible to predict where the gaps/needs will be as it is dependent on who declines appointment or fails dodmerb.
- a rare event, is that a candidate appointed to CGAS may get bumped up to a CGA appointment over the waitlisters. Happened last year.
- RA were added to waitlist.
- main waitlist appointments start happening in May after the final deadline to accept an appointment has passed.
- last round of waitlist appointments happen by early June based on Dodmerb results.
At this point I wish the waitlisters luck and also to have a strong focus on plan B.
My DD plan B is solid. Applied RA.
Anybody know if RA applications started the review process? Looking in Bear's Den, my DS's is still awaiting. I know they have a lot to go through and that the deadline just passed, just curious.
Separate names with a comma.