So Friday afternoon, DS got a call from USNA stating they wanted to offer him an appointment, and asking if he would accept if they sent him a letter. He was kinda thrown for a loop since he had already set down the plan B path, although he had made his mind up to reapply next year. He told the Lt. he needed to talk to his parents, since he was also worried about the job commitments he had made for the summer as well as the deposit sent in to the civilian college. We of course told him that all involved would understand how he could not pass this up! He emailed the Lt. back early Friday evening. My question, as the chief worrier in the family, is how long do we wait to hear that the email was received? What if it wasn't? DS does not want to call, since email was what the Lt. offered. Any advice?