Waiver Authority Requests Additional Medical Info

Discussion in 'DoDMERB' started by runxc8, Sep 21, 2016.

  1. runxc8

    runxc8 Member

    Jul 18, 2016
    Likes Received:
    So I just got this remedial code from DoDMERB but I have no real records at my home. Do I just need to call my doctor and have him fax his records to DoDMERB, or do I send them to a different location? The instructions on the website just seem a little vague and I'm looking for clarification.
  2. informe

    informe Member

    Jun 16, 2015
    Likes Received:
    The remedial letter will clearly state where you need to fax the information to, it is to DODMERB with the last 4 of your SS number on the fax. Then DODMERB will either DQ or pass you. If DQ'd then it is up to the academies or ROTC to decide if they want to ask for a waiver [This may take several months some times all the way to February or March of next year, so be patient]. You will be automatically considered for a waiver. If they choose to ask for a waiver then the academy will either waive you or ask for more tests. Once they get the new results then DODMERB will either DQ or pass you [they send the remedial to the academies].

    Contact your doctor get all the medical documents [as requested in the remedial letter] and it helps to get a personal letter from your doctor explaining your problems, and if he/she feels it should not affect your participation in the military. Then fax it to the number on your remedial letter to DODMERB. Good Luck.
  3. AJC

    AJC Member

    Dec 1, 2014
    Likes Received:
    my son made contact with his DoDMERB technican and was able to email them directly.
    it would be best to get copies for yourself and send them, that way you know what DoDMERB has.
  4. 5Day

    5Day Member

    Nov 18, 2015
    Likes Received:
    +1 Get the requested documents from your physician and then you should send them to DoDMERB. Follow the instructions on the letter you got. If the letter says fax, then fax or call your DoDMERB technician to see if you can email them.

    Make sure you review the documents to make sure they address what is requested.

Share This Page