My DS is trying to get all his ducks in a row so to speak and be sure his Plans A, B and C are all in place. As such, his first choice is an appointment to WP (he is currently 3Q'd with a nomination) but his backup plan is to attend college on an ROTC scholarship. He has currently accepted both Navy and Army ROTC scholarships. The NROTC is placed at a school he will hear from at the end of January. The AROTC was placed at his biggest reach school where he just learned he has been deferred. He then got news that he was accepted to another reach school (which he actually prefers to the school he has been deferred at).My question is at what point should he initiate the process of transferring a scholarship and how long does the process take? Can he wait to see if he gets into the reach school where the AROTC is currently placed (which would mean waiting until the end of March) or would he risk not being able to have it placed at the school he was just admitted to?