'08 USNA Grad; here to share "If I only knew" and other gouge

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by scalawag, Oct 25, 2010.

  1. scalawag

    scalawag "if I knew then what I.."

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Just signed up because I realized I can probably save some high schoolers, mids, and Ensigns alike some "If I only knew..." moments and to share "what it's really like" stories (because it's never how they tell you).

    My experiences there in a nutshell:

    Was a history major, marathon club member for 2 years, west point exchange semester participant (did some sick pranks there); Got paid to travel to Nicaragua, travel to Oman, learn SCUBA in Hawaii, learn mountaineering with the Army, spend 2 weeks with a SEAL team firstie year;
    Regret not majoring in computer science (you have to study what you love),
    not joining forums like this a number of years ago; Hated 95% of my time there; Couldn't believe the things I got to do the other 5% of the time; Wouldn't trade a second of it for the world
     
  2. LineInTheSand

    LineInTheSand USCGA 2006

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2007
    Messages:
    8,755
    Likes Received:
    1,004
    Well said and welcome. :thumb:
     
  3. kp2001

    kp2001 USMMA Alumnus

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2006
    Messages:
    2,153
    Likes Received:
    113
    Pretty typical sentiment of most grads. :biggrin:

    Welcome to the board!
     
  4. flieger83

    flieger83 Super Moderator Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2008
    Messages:
    2,852
    Likes Received:
    342
    Yep...I'd agree with that! :biggrin:

    Steve
    USAFA ALO
    USAFA '83
     

Share This Page